Want, Need, Wear, Read: A Minimalist Christmas

christmas shopping for a baby can be so hard. not because you can’t think of anything to get them, just the opposite actually; you want to get them everything! 

a few months ago, aaron and i started the transition to a life of minimalism. so, when the topic of christmas gifts for jude came up, it stressed me out a little. what is something meaningful and will last him for more than a few months? we just moved into our very own house and the idea of bringing more stuff into it, that could cause clutter, gave me anxiety. I turned to my dear friend, Pinterest for help, and found the perfect solution!
  • something they want
  • something they need
  • something to wear 
  • something to read 
I loved this idea of gifting so much, my husband and I decided to do the exact same for each other. I cheated a couple of times for jude, in the name of tradition. other than that, I think it was a hit and I am so happy I came across the idea!






We decided when we moved into our new house, jude would be to start sleeping in his own room. I saw this on Amazon and knew he would enjoy it, and hoped it would help him to sleep in his own room. After testing it out, I want one for myself! It can hold still or spin, plays music, and projects the designs on the wall and ceiling. Jude loves it!

NEED: trolls movie



did jude need this? or did I? both. trolls is jude’s favorite movie and although it’s on netflix (for now at least), meaning we can always watch it while at home, we needed it on DVD for the car. yes, my 6 month old has a portable dvd player in the car. yes, it was my desperate attempt to get him to stop being such a monster in the car. love the boy with all my heart, but he is an absolute monster in his car seat. trolls helps out with that just a little bit.

WEAR:


His "wear" gift originally started as only these arrow leggings from Oh Baby Monochrome, then you know how it goes from there. The white onesie I already had, and the infinity scarf, beanie, and mittens are all from amazon. I can't wait to get him dressed in it all!


 


Stocking:
cheat #1. stockings have always been my favorite part of christmas, so I knew I wanted to carry on the tradition for jude. and plus, it’s from santa, not me, right? I kept it simple with a couple of goodies from Beech Nut (our absolute favorite), a food net (because he’s a crazy man when it comes to food and this will prevent him from choking and save me some stress), and a couple of fun bath things that will probably get more use when he’s a bit older.

Another cheat (tradition): christmas eve gift! 

who doesn’t love christmas pj’s every year? and as a huge lover myself, I knew gifting him two more books wouldn’t hurt. 


I can't wait for Jude's first Chirstmas and to start these special holiday traditions with my little family!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing From Abuse

Mommin' Ain't Easy

4 Months, 23 Days