Let'sTalk Motherhood: The Seasons of Life























I was so excited when I was asked to join the Let's Talk Motherhood Series! I feel honored to be teaming up with some really great ladies to all share our perspectives on the same subject, the seasons of life.  have enjoyed reading the previous posts from this series and am so excited to be sharing my perspective with you all this month. Each blogger's info is linked at the end of my post, so be sure to go check them all out! 

The Seasons of Motherhood:


1. What is something you want to remember about this particular season of life?

I never want to forget how much my son loves me; especially how much he loves me in this season of life. When he is upset, it's very rare that cuddling his momma doesn't make him feel better. As much as I hope this doesn't happen, I remember how I was as a preteen and teenager, thinking I was way too cool for my parents. I cherish these times and soak in all the love he gives. As Jude grows older, I want to remember how he likes to hold my hand while we're on road trips and those mouth-wide-open kisses that most of the time end up on either my nose or chin. I want to remember how his eyes light up in fascination at the every day things most of us take for granted; watching our kittens run around, the crinkling of a water bottle, and being bundled up in a cozy blanket.

2. Through each new milestone in your child's life, (like the transition from crawling to walking or gaining independence in other ways) how have you adapted and transitioned your own life as well?

Since my son is so young (almost 5 months), each milestone he reaches is always extremely exciting for me. Although he doesn't crawl or walk yet, it has been amazing watching him start as a tiny and helpless baby, to holding his head up on his own, rolling, and now sitting up. His current new independent skills include holding his bottle and putting his pacifier in and out of his mouth, which has made life a lot easier for me- especially while driving! Something I have had to make adjustments for, is the fact that he rolls all over the house like an armadillo. A few things I've had to do include making sure the cats' food and water bowls are out of the way so he doesn't steamroll over them, getting him unstuck when he rolls into a wall or a corner and can't roll back out, and definitely not leaving him on the couch alone, even for a second!

3. What was the transition into motherhood like for you? How did you manage adjusting to such a different season of life?

If you have read any of my previous blog posts, you know that the transition into motherhood was not smooth sailing for me.The adjustment process was long and difficult, and some days I still don't feel completely adjusted- but I do however feel at peace with that. I wish I could tell you the magical way to become adjusted quickly, but I honestly think it just takes time! Your life just changed immensely and it's going to be tough. Accept help when offered. If your mom comes over and wants to do your dishes, make dinner, or play with the baby so you can nap (or all 3...), say yes! I had a hard time accepting help and feeling like I should be able to do everything on my own, but now it's easier for me to say yes to help. It really does make the transition easier.


4. In three words, how would you describe your current season of life?

rewarding, tiring, worth it (we'll pretend that's one word ;) )


5. What advice would you give to mothers that are struggling to embrace the season of life they are in?

Some of my best advice about motherhood came from my own mother, the queen of positivity; change your haves with gets. I get to feed my baby, I get to change, bathe and help them feel comfortable, I get to wake up with them and help them adjust to a new life. It's you that gets to care for this child, You're tired because you are blessed enough to actually have your own little human to make you tired. This time with your children is a gift. You're going to get exhausted and burnt out, understandably. But for me, changing my haves to gets has helped me so much to keep a positive attitude when I am struggling. 
There are going to be good days and bad days, and you will be okay. Because the seasons of motherhood are just that, a season.




Don't forget to check out the other mommas' perspectives linked below:

McKell, @mckellwilson, www.lifeasmrswilson.com

Aurora, @auroramccausland, www.auroramccausland.com 

Melissa, @melissalynchurch, www.melissalynchurch.com

Breanna, @breannam.sanchez, www.soulfullysanchez.org/wp

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing From Abuse

Mommin' Ain't Easy

4 Months, 23 Days