6 Month Update; Project You & Me

I love writing monthly updates on Jude. I used to think it was a little weird why moms would do this for their babies EVERY. SINGLE. MONTH... but now I know! I don't always publish them, but I do keep drafts of Jude's monthly updates, just to have a remember each stage of his life. This past month has been so much fun with my now SIX MONTH OLD! I always say I can't believe how big he's getting, but this time I really mean it. Last year when my baby brother turned 6 months old, my mom and I thought it would be fun to throw him a half birthday party. Nothing big or crazy, just some cake and party hats. Last week when I realized how soon Jude's half birthday was coming up, I knew we had to do the same for him! Aaron and I celebrated his half year in this world by blasting the Trolls soundtrack and cupcakes.
 

YOU:

  • Still waking up every 1-2 hours to eat in the night. You gave us one amazing night of sleep last week, but I guess that was just a random occurrence.
  • Speaking of eating, you're an absolute fiend when it comes to food. Anytime you're sitting next to me while I'm eating, you aren't afraid to grab whatever food I have off my plate or out of my bowl. Oranges are your favorite food, however, and you will scream anytime one of your orange slices gets out of reach.
  • Are crawling! Well, kind of. You can crawl backward all day long, which often results in you getting stuck under couches, side tables, etc. 
  • Are saying 'DADA!' I'm sure you don't actually know that what you're saying means what it does, but we like to think so. Sometimes you whisper it while playing, and other times you scream it when you're mad. I think it's the most adorable thing ever.
  • Are 19 pounds, 26 inches tall, and wearing 9-12 month clothes. Yeah, I know. It's probably because he eats all night every night. That's okay. 
 

ME:
  • Have anxiously been awaiting the closing of the home we are buying, and avoiding packing like it's the plague. We are moving into our new home in less than a week though and couldn't be more excited!
  • Have decided NOT to do Baby Led Weaning. If you don't know what that is, you probably aren't a parent, because apparently, it's all the rage. I had planned on doing it with Jude, because of the benefits, but every time we have tried... it doesn't go well. We are going to stick with baby purees for now because that's what I as his parent am comfortable with. 
  • Losing weight like crazy. I could talk a lot about how I am doing this, so I think I'll save that for another post once I reach my first goal weight. I'm just so excited to be fitting in jeans I haven't worn for years!
  • Haven't drunk coke for almost 2 weeks now. You guys.. the caffeine withdrawals have been real, but I know it's for the best. I hope??
  • Have been doing SO MUCH BETTER mental health wise. Another blog post to come about that!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healing From Abuse

Mommin' Ain't Easy

4 Months, 23 Days